Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 5 - NYC

It seems I'm getting out of New York by the skin of my teeth. I promised myself I would not spend another winter here and I can already feel the steep decline that occurs every year from hot as balls summer to cold as balls winter. There is only about a month in between them. The city is going to be filled with rain for much of this week (but it's looking like the day I fly is going to be clear! Cross your fingers!)

Long stretches of rain in New York hit me like this:

Day One - Man, I love rain. I forgot how much I love it.
Day Two - My boots are still wet and my umbrella is now broken. Ugh...?
Day Three - Over It
Day Four - JESUS CHRIST WILL IT NEVER END!?!?!?

Through these rain storm I have been lugging my computer, my purse, and whatever necessities I need for the day because I am officially homeless. Last night I trudged through the rain with my guitar, my violin and all of my needed belongings on my back. Needless to say I was just a bit of a crankypants.

It's different here because you have no shelter from the extreme elements. You have no car to hide inside of with the windshield wipers and the nice crappy top 40 radio to sooth you as your jeans dry because you cranked the heat. All you get is an umbrella and a never ending stream of cabs to splash puddles on you. Meaning that there is no shelter from the moods that weather creates in you.

It's actually going to be warmer in SF than it is in NYC when I leave. Bring on the Indian Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment