Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 2 - NYC

It has not dawned on me that I'm leaving. Not one bit. This city is like that. Everything moves so quickly and with so much variance that you can never really see the present clearly. The buzz of the city is so fast that it blurs reality. Hence, I don't think I will notice I'm moving until I have already moved.

I'm not usually a massive social butterfly. I go out a couple of nights a week usually. This week however has been social social social! Lunch with my friend Adriana who couldn't go to my party last night and then dinner with my friend Matt so that I could nosh on some Rizzo's pizza (best pizza in NYC in my opinion) one last time. Tomorrow holds a possible Shake Shack lunch date and then my LAST NIGHT IN TOWN(!!!) eating Latin tapas with a few friends possibly followed by Karaoke. Then somehow I'm on a plane and just continue my weekend uninterrupted on the other side of the country. It's going to be Halloween by the time I've had enough moments to breathe to realized I moved. These things sneak up on you!!

I feel like my posts haven't been too insightful in the last week. I guess you can say I'm in an 'action' week, not a 'reflective' week.

No comments:

Post a Comment